What is wellbeing at Alexandra Park School?
Wellbeing is a way of describing how you are feeling (emotionally and physically) and how well you are able to cope with day-to-day life.
If you have positive emotional wellbeing, you are able to:
- feel confident in yourself and have positive self-esteem
- build and maintain positive relationships with others
- feel part of what is going on around you
- more easily cope with the stresses of life
- adapt and manage in times of change or uncertainty
Alexandra Park School vision for wellbeing
The school ethos is ‘Success For All’. We aim to ensure everyone in our school community is able to thrive by developing the resilience and skills necessary for ongoing positive wellbeing.
Since their inception over two years ago, the APS Values are now core to every aspect of school life, inside and outside the classroom. Each of our values teach a specific skill or personal attribute which collectively strengthen and build the resilience of our young people amidst life’s challenges. The APS Values are taught in lessons and both individual and collective progress is observed throughout the year. More information about the APS Values and how they are communicated can be found here.